30 1月 2002
- Communicate with other Cocoa/Carbon applications using distributed notification. A Max/MSP object for Cocoa / Cabon Developers.
”You don’t have to use OSC just to send some int or float values from your Max patches to local Cocoa apps!”
- v0.55b. preliminary release. now Universal Binary. - 2006.4.25 update: a known problem with SubEthaEdit is fixed.
This sample shows how to establish simple communication channels between Max/MSP and other Cocoa/Carbon applications. The file above includes:
• cocoa_send: Max external object for SENDING messages TO other apps.
• cocoa_receive: Max external object for RECEIVING messages FROM other apps.
• Cocoa_SR_Test.app: Sample Cocoa application.
• Xcode project files
These Max objects and Cocoa app utilize the distributed notification mechanism of Mac OS X. For further information, please refer to Apple’s documentation.